The custom ordered journal I was working on is finally done! The last week seemed to go by so fast; the combination of the holidays and trying to get an order done in time made the days fly by! This journal was a lot more involved than the ones I have made previously. Almost every page is stitched together, and many of the pages are stenciled and spray painted, which is so much fun but also a lot of work. I had to make a few changes to this one, compared to the first one, but I love how it turned out!!
50 pages of painted, stitched, and stenciled goodness ready to inspire creativity, whether it be journaling, photo album, as a smash book, or any other way you decide to use it!
With the first journal I made like this, I had thinner chipboard for the covers, and I was able to sew through them and attach the spine directly to the covers. With this one, the chipboard was much thicker and the sewing machine wasn’t going to work. So I glued the spine to the cover, but wanted to reinforce it so the weight of the signatures wasn’t pulling on the cover fabric. I punched 4 holes on each cover, then looped and knotted embroidery floss through them to attach the spine and the covers directly. Super happy with how it turned out!
It had been a while since I made the first one, and I forgot how much time it took. If I was to make another one like these, I would definitely have to charge more. But it was a lot of fun to work on and I hope the customer loves them both!
Thanks so much for stopping by!