There is an upcoming birthday in our family, and I realized a couple of days ago that I needed to make a card. My first thought was to use some gelli prints! (the stack of prints is getting quite big, so any project that uses paper is a much needed chance for possible gelli print use.) So through the pile I went looking, and eventually found a page I loved that would be a cool birthday card! But,(there is always a “but” ins’t there?) I didn’t have a contrasting color page that I really liked to use for the banner or inside the card. So that meant I needed to pull out the gelli plate for “just a quick print”. Go ahead and laugh, yes I actually was delusional enough to think that for a second 🙂 I did get the print I wanted, and I made it double sided so I can use one pattern for the outside and a different one on the inside of the card, both in the contrasting color I wanted. But then I had to add more paint for another pull, because I didn’t want it to go to waste….and, well, one thing led to another. Here are some of the prints I made with no plans for:
So yeah, the pile of gelli prints got bigger, not smaller Oh well. It was a ton of fun 🙂 I used some Tim Holtz rubber stamps with the gelli plate, and love how they look!
And the birthday card is nearly finished, despite being unavoidably side tracked 😉
Thanks so much for stopping by!!