Actually, I made few things!
I have been on a knitting binge lately, and not just starting new things, but finishing things that had been on the needles for a long time and using up stash!! (The knitters and yarn hoarders among you will understand the significance of that statement. The rest will probably just think I’m crazy, but you’ll have that) I have been having so much fun watching knitting podcasts and being inspired to get back to knitting more often. I took a long hiatus and was mostly wrapped up in art journaling and drawing for quite a while, and while I’m still into those things, I have definitely missed knitting. After I finished up the green ribbed hat from a couple of blog posts back, I then whipped up a shawl (not my pattern. I know it sounds like that but it totally isn’t, I just like the way whipped up sounds cause it really did seem to knit up super fast), banged out a hat, finished off a washcloth, made another hat with cables, and started a hat with my handspun yarn!! All of those were just in February, as well as some more project bags 🙂 It’s been a productive month so far, even with work picking up and being busier. So to finished things!
First up, the shawl! My first shawl ever! The pattern is the Jimi Shawlette, by Dee O’Keefe and it’s on Ravelry. It’s a great pattern for a beginner shawl knitter, and she includes directions to make it bigger, which I did so I could use up more of the yarn. By the time I was done I had only a couple of inches of the green left, and just a small section of the blue. Stash busting mission accomplished!
Next up is a little hat I made thinking I would continue the stash busting trend and use up some lion brand wool ease I’ve had ever since we lived in PA. I had a couple of balls of the grey, a small bit of the teal, and a medium ball of the black. I was worried I might not have enough yarn to make the hat, but I shouldn’t have. I still have almost the same amount of yarn I did when I started, but now I also have a hat in those colors too. Really, it used hardly any yarn. I could probably make 3 or 4 more hats before I run out of the yarn… I suppose there are worse problems tho. The pattern is the “Strib hat” by Kelly Williams.
Next up is a washcloth I’ve had on the needles for a very long time, and I think the reason it’s been so long is that I don’t like how un-elastic cotton yarn is. It hurts my hands after knitting with it for a while, and I just did not want to pick it up for so long. When I did get around to finishing it, I think it only took a couple of hours and it was done. All that procrastinating for nothing. The pattern was just one I made up, garter stitch boarders with seed stitch center, super simple.
And next the cabled hat. It’s the “Unoriginal hat pattern” by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, with most of the modifications mandybird on Ravelry made for the different weight of yarn. For the decreases I tried to follow the pattern, but mostly I just winged it because the stitch counts were so off and I don’t think I completed all of the pattern repeats before casting off because I didn’t want my hat to be too tall. I am not a fan of the elf point thing that happens when a hat is too tall. But it turned out pretty good even with crazy decreasing, and I’m happy with it. Except for the shedding. The yarn sucks. Anyway…
And after that one was done, I cast on another, different hat with some handspun yarn I made! I am loving the way it is turning out! The pattern is the “Scant” by Lee Meredith.
So happy with it!
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed all the knitting-ness 🙂